This keto candied pecans recipe is a deliciously light and crunchy snack. They are the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and with a hint of spice.
- raw pecans
- egg white
- vanilla extract
- granular monk fruit
- brown sugar erythritol
- ground cinnamon
- sea salt
- cayenne pepper
Substitutions and variations
- Sweetener – You can use any sweetener you prefer. I used a mix of granular monk fruit and brown sugar erythritol to cut down on after taste and give it that thick, rich glaze you would expect from brown sugar
- Seasonings – Try them with Pumpkin Pie Spice in place of the cinnamon. Add a touch of cumin for a warm, earthy flavor. Add some smoked paprika and chili powder for a nice smoky flavor. Increase the salt and decrease the sweetener for more of a kettle corn type flavor.
- Extracts – Substitute the vanilla extract for caramel extract or even maple extract
- Cocoa Powder – Mix in a couple tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder to the sweetener mix to give these a chocolatey flavor
- Nuts – You can make this recipe with any nut, or mix of nuts you prefer. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly.
Ways to enjoy these keto candied pecans
- On top of your favorite salad for a nice crunch and hint of sweetness
- Chopped up and served on top of an orange glazed salmon
- By the handful, all on their own
- Mix them into your favorite keto ice cream recipe
- In a roasted broccoli or Brussels sprouts side dish
- Serve them as a sweet element on a Charcuterie Board
Other keto snack recipes you might enjoy
- Sour Lemon Gummy Snacks
- Parmesan Chive and Garlic Keto Crackers
- Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Bagel Bites
- Keto Candied Nuts with Bacon
- Pizza Chips
- How to Make an Epic Keto Charcuterie Board
- Pimento Cheese Dip and Crackers
- Cheddar Dill Biscuits
- Keto Popcorn Chicken
Candied Pecans – low carb, gluten free, sugar free
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: About 4 cups
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg whites and vanilla extract until frothy.
- Add the pecans to a large bowl and pour the egg white mixture over top. Toss until all of the pecans are evenly coated in the egg mixture.
- In a third bowl, combine the sweeteners, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the sweetener mixture over top of the pecans, mixing as you pour. Mix until the pecans are all evenly coated in the sweetener mixture.
- Line the pecans in an even layer across the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, toss, and then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Allow time to cool and harden before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
net carbs per serving: 1g
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 19.9g
- Carbohydrates: 3.9g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 3.1g
Keywords: candied pecans, keto candied nuts, low carb snack recipes, keto candied pecans, healthy snacks, vegetarian recipes