The February Fit Foodie Cooking Club is here, and this month’s recipe of the month is – Healthy Banana Bread!
What is the Fit Foodie Cooking Club?
The Fit Foodie Cooking Club is a monthly cooking challenge to get you in the kitchen cooking from scratch!
We thought there was no better way to bring our virtual community together than to all make the same recipe each month to celebrate real food.
February 2021 – The Details
Read the below details VERY carefully as we want to make sure your entry counts! If you have questions, please leave them in the comments of this post.
March 2021’s recipe of the month is a popular Fit Foodie Finds delicious healthy banana bread recipe.
Our healthy banana bread recipe is one of our most popular loaf recipes! This banana bread recipe is made with whole ingredients, always turns out so fluffy and moist, and is great to have on the counter all week long. Here’s more info:
- All natural sugars
- An easy grab-n-go breakfast
- 4g protein per slice of bread
- Great for a meal prep snack
To make our healthy banana bread, here are the main ingredients you need:
- white whole wheat flour
- coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- baking soda
- ripe bananas
- large eggs
- maple syrup
- Greek yogurt
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened almond milk
- coconut oil
Since this recipe only requires one pan, there are very minimal tools needed. Check it out:
8×4 bread pan: We generally use an 8×4 bread pan, but if you only have a 9×5 pan, that’s ok! Your bread may just lose a little bit of it’s volume.
Measuring Cups: Make sure to have a set of measuring cups and measuring teaspoon/tablespoons on hand.
Mixing Bowls: You are going to need a large mixing bowl to mix everything in.
Cooking Utensils: You are going to need a fork to smash bananas and a mixing spoon to mix everything together.
- Mash those bananas: Be sure that you mash your bananas so that there are no large chunks. They will just sink to the bottom of the pan.
- Don’t forget to spray the pan: If you don’t have a non-stick pan (or even if you do), be sure you spray the pan to you can easily get your banana bread out of the pan. If you know you’ll have trouble, line your bread pan with parchment paper before pouring in the batter.
- After 30 minutes check to see if you need to add a tin foil tent: We recommend adding a tent over your banana bread after 30 minutes so the top of the bread doesn’t brown too much.
- Be sure to add the coconut oil at the end: The reason we suggest adding the melted coconut oil at the end is that coconut oil hardens easily. If you mix warm, melted coconut oil with a cold liquid like almond milk or eggs, your coconut oil might seize up. By waiting until the end, you make sure it will stay melted and mix in perfectly!
- Let the bread sit: If you try to take the banana bread out of the pan too early, your bread will fall apart or stick to the bottom of the pan. Be sure to let your banana bread sit for 10-15 minutes before carefully removing it from the bread pan.
- Easy removal: After your bread has sat, carefully run a butter knife around the edge of the bread pan and bread to loosen the banana bread from the pan.
How to Enter
Now that you know how to make the recipe, it’s time to submit your creation!
- Take a photo of your recipe.
- Leave a comment on the Healthy Banana Bread Recipe with a photo of your creation letting people know how it went. We’d love a star-rating, but it’s not required. Make sure to leave your name and email in the comment form because this is how we’ll contact the winners!
Join in on the Fit Foodie Facebook fun and become a member of our FREE Facebook Group. The Fit Foodie Cooking Club group on Facebook is a way to share your cooking creations and make new like-minded friends online.
2 participants will each win a $100 Target gift card. The selection will be random and based on comments that are received between February 2021 and February 23, 2021.
Winners will be announced on the last Wednesday of the month (February 24, 2021) via social media and THIS blog post.
Charity of the Month
Each month we’ll select a different charity to support. March is Women’s History month and we wanted to choose a non-profit that is committed to making positive and meaningful change for all women.
Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of people worldwide. Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
We specifically chose Planned Parenthood because we believe that all women have a right to accessible and affordable healthcare.
We would love for you to support our monthly charity and donate what you can.
If you feel so inclined, donate to Planned Parenthood HERE.