These are the best breakfast potatoes you will ever eat. Perfectly cooked on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Make a big batch of breakfast potatoes and enjoy!
Red potatoes, Idaho potatoes, sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, the options are endless when it comes to TATERS. There are so many different types of potatoes and so many ways to prepare them. Here on FFF we have potatoes prepared almost every single way:
As you can see, we big believers that you can serve potatoes with every single meal. But today, we’re here to share our go to breakfast tater recipe. Let’s get into it, shall we?!
Our Go-To Breakfast Potatoes
Honestly, if I could eat breakfast potatoes for every meal of the day, I totally would! They are great with an egg on top, mixed with vegetables, and you can season them any way that you would like!
You’ll absolutely love this breakfast potatoes recipe — it truly is our go-to!
The Key to the Best Breakfast Potatoes
The key to getting potatoes that are crispy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside is baking them at a higher temperature, flipping them part way through, and finishing them off with a broil. My mouth is salivating just typing this.
Breakfast Potato Ingredients
Though breakfast potatoes are pretty simple to make, having the right ingredients on hand and understanding how to use those ingredients is so important to get the perfect crispy breakfast potato. You’ll need:
The key (no matter which potato variety you use), is to cut them small enough that they will cook all the way through!
+ bell pepper & onion: We also sliced up a red bell pepper and white onion to pair with these breakfast potatoes. This flavor combo can’t be beat!
How to Serve Breakfast Potatoes
Serve these breakfast potatoes with any of the following breakfast recipes we have on Fit Foodie Finds:
Store these breakfast potatoes in an air-tight container in the fridge for 5-7 days. Because they can last up to a week in the fridge, this tater recipe is GREAT for meal prep. Double or triple your batch of breakfast potatoes to enjoy throughout the week.
- 4 medium/large Idaho potatoes, diced into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- First, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Next, prepare veggies by dicing potatoes into 1-inch chunks and dicing the white onion and red pepper into 1/2-inch chunks. Transfer potatoes and onion onto a baking sheet and set red pepper aside.
- Generously drizzle potatoes with olive oil and toss, making sure the veggies are coated.
- Next, mix together the potato seasoning in a small bowl. Evenly sprinkle seasoning over the potatoes and onion and toss to coat.
- Roast at 400ºF for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the red pepper and toss everything together.
- Place back into the oven and roast for 15 more minutes. Remove from the oven and pierce your potatoes with a fork. They should be almost done. If they’re still hard, put them back in for 5-10 more minutes. If they’re almost fully cooked, broil breakfast potatoes for around 2-5 minutes (depending on your broiler) to get them extra crispy.
Serving Size: 1/6
Author: Category: BreakfastMethod: OvenCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: breakfast potatoes