Looking for the most perfect all-purpose creamy dressing recipe that doubles as a dip? You need to make this creamy Green Goddess Dressing recipe made with a Greek yogurt base, tons of fresh herbs, anti-inflammatory spices, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
This Green Goddess Dressing truly is the perfect dressing or dip for any day of the week.
Green goddess dressing –> put that stuff on everything! This salad dressing is a fan favorite because you can literally put on any salad, bowl, meat, etc.
What is Green Goddess Dressing?
Green goddess dressing is a creamy dressing made with a variety of different fresh herbs and other anti-inflammatory add-ins such as lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
Green goddess dressing has a tangy and earthy in flavor and is typically served as a thicker sauce and can be both a dressing and a dip.
Is Green Goddess Dressing Healthy?
Green goddess dressing is a healthy dressing idea because it’s made with anti-inflammatory ingredients such as fresh herbs and garlic and is high in fiber thanks to Greek yogurt.
What is Green Goddess Dressing Made of?
Our green goddess dressing recipe is made with tons of fresh herbs, garlic, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt. It’s jam-packed with vitamins, minerals, and anti-inflammatory ingredients.
Talk about clean and delicious ingredients, my friends! Let us know in the comments what you’re pairing your green goddess dressing with. We’d love to know 😀
Looking to use what you have in your fridge? Here are some swaps you can use!
- Cilantro: swap the parsley or basil for cilantro instead!
- Mayo: feel free to use mayonnaise in addition to Greek yogurt. You can either sub 1/4 cup of the Greek for mayo, or just add in mayo for extra tang.
- Dill: add in a few tablespoons of chopped dill or use it in place of basil.
- Hot Sauce: if you like it spicy, add in a few shakes of your favorite vinegar-based hot sauce.
How to Make Green Goddess Dressing
In order to make green goddess dressing, you are going to need a high-speed food processor. A high-speed blender like a Vitamix will do the trick as well. The main reason why we’re stressing “high-speed” is because you want to be able to puree the fresh herbs into the dressing so there are no chunks.
- Place all ingredients into your food processor.
- Blend on high until smooth.
Want it thicker? Simply add a little bit more Greek yogurt to make a thicker green goddess dressing.
Want it thinner? Add water by the teaspoon to thin things out.
Got leftover green goddess dressing? Simply transfer it into an airtight container or jar and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped (not packed)
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped (not packed)
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed food processor.
- Process on high for about 30-60 seconds or until the fresh herbs are pureed and there are no lumps.
- If you need to thin your salad dressing out, you can add water by the teaspoon to do so.
- The photos in this post were updated on June 1, 2021. The recipe was not.
Serving Size: 1/8
Author: Category: DressingMethod: Food ProcessorCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: green goddess dressing